Annual Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences Student Research Symposium
At the El Día del Agua y la Atmósfera conference, students showcase their research through oral and poster presentations. The day also includes a continental breakfast, light buffet lunch, luncheon speaker, afternoon keynote speaker, announcement of student awards, and presentation of the coveted AquaMan/AquaWoman trophies to the most outstanding faculty instructors. The day ends with a reception or pub celebration for sponsors, attendees, and student presenters hosted by the HAS Student Association.
Note: El Día is part of the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences' EarthWeek and includes research symposia and events organized by and featuring students from:
- El Día del Agua y la Atmósfera, Monday, March 27 -- Department of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences
- Tree-Ring Day, Tuesday, March 28 -- Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
- SWESx, Wednesday & Thursday, March 29-30 -- Department of Soil, Water, and Environmental Sciences
- SNRExpo, Thursday, March 30 -- School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- GeoDaze, Thursday & Friday, March 30-31 -- Department of Geosciences
Date and Location
Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8 am
Student Union Memorial Center, Grand Ballroom (North and South Ballrooms)
El Día Links
- Abstracts for Oral Presentations
- Abstracts for Poster Presentations
- Abstract Submission < Deadline Extended (final) to Thursday, Feb 23!
- Aqua Person Awards (Faculty Instructor Awards)
- Awards and Prizes
- Conference Program Photo Contest < Deadline Feb 20!
- Event Floorplan
- Keynote Speaker
- Luncheon Speaker
- Reception & Social (Post-Award)
- Registration < Deadline Mar 17
- Roundtable Session
- Sponsorship - Become a Sponsor! < Deadline Mar 22!
- 2017 El Dia Sponsorship Form
- NOTE: The tax deductible amount is equivalent to the total sponsorship dollar amount minus the monetary value of the t-shirt(s), $15 per t-shirt, and the parking voucher(s), $12 per voucher.