The annual student research symposium, El Día del Agua y la Atmósfera, is held every spring and is one of the hallmark events held during EarthWeek, a showcase of research for students enrolled in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences and the School of Natural Resources and the Environment.
EarthWeek includes research symposia and events organized by and featuring students from:
- El Día del Agua y la Atmósfera, Monday, March 27 -- Department of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences
- Tree-Ring Day, Tuesday, March 28 -- Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
- SWESx, Wednesday & Thursday, March 29-30 -- Department of Soil, Water, and Environmental Sciences
- SNRExpo, Thursday, March 30 -- School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- GeoDaze, Thursday & Friday, March 30-31 -- Department of Geosciences
Date and Location
Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8 am
Student Union Memorial Center, Grand Ballroom
Archive: AIR (Atmo) & El Día del Agua (HWR) Symposia
Both the Atmospheric Sciences and Hydrology and Water Resources departments have a long history of student-organized research symposia. During the merger process in 2016, students from ATMO and HWR held joint oral and poster sessions, a joint round table session, a joint career/professional table, and the first combined faculty instructor awards ceremony. The day ended very satisfactorily with a celebratory small plates/cocktail reception with alumni attending the HWR 50th Anniversary Reunion followed by a student association-hosted pub celebration. In the future, the spring student research symposium and week-long activities devoted to "air and water" will become even more refined.
We look forward to demonstrating our commitment to integration and collaboration in 2017 and beyond!
For a look back at past years, use the AIR and El Día del Agua Symposia Archive Links page.